MAKE YOUR OFFER IRRESISTABLE
Since you’re selling to human beings wouldn’t it be great to know the five secrets that have the greatest influence on your customers? What I’m about to share with you will make you the Svengali of Sales in your niche. I’m going to put them in the order of use in the marketing process, but they can overlap or be switched around to fit your situation.
What happens in nature when there is a vacuum? Right. There is an attempt to fill that void, and human nature also follows that law.
- Filling the void – When someone does a person a favor or gives them something of value for free, this act provides an imbalance in the relationship. This creates a subconscious pressure on the recipient to give back in some way. This is what’s known in marketing as filling the void.
- Reciprocation – In marketing the word “FREE” has the most response of any word in the English language. That’s why marketers use it over, and over again. Everybody likes something for free, don’t you? Even though “free” means there is no obligation or cost, the recipient does feel obligated. If something of real value is given to the person, an imbalance is created – a void in nature – that needs to be filled. Maybe not immediately, but if that person has gotten great value and use from the gift, there will be a nagging sub-conscious motivation to reciprocate in some manner.
You’ll find that some people just don’t seem to reciprocate, and it could be that they didn’t appreciate the full value of your offer. This is why it’s so important to make sure when you are offering a free gift with a promotion, that your customers are made aware of the full value of what they’re receiving.
What really makes this work in marketing, though, is that you make your “free” offer available when your customer takes action. Now it can be a very small one like filling out a customer card for you (which gives you their name, address, and email address), or accepting your product on a 30-day trial.
- Getting your customer to like you – Have you heard the phrase, “if a customer knows, likes, and trusts you then they’ll buy from you”. Well, you’ve gotten them to know you with your “free” offer, the next step is to get them to “like” you. The quickest way I know to get someone to like you is for you to let them know you like them (reciprocation, again).
Now, not ALL people are going to “like” you and you will not like all your customers, but if you take this approach, you have got a lot better odds of finding customers.
When you’re writing your ads and marketing letters always write as if they are a personal note to a real, live, breathing friend. Use plain talk as if you’re talking to your best friend, and not “hi-tech technobabble”. Keep it simple!
- Trust – I don’t know about you, but when I hear someone say “TRUST ME” it reminds me of a snake-oil salesperson and makes me do anything but trust them. So how do you get your customers to trust you? Take a leadership role with them and tell them what they should do to take action and buy. You must be or present yourself as an “Authority” figure. An expert in your field and the only one they should buy from as proven by the endorsements of your other customers, their friends, and neighbors.
If your offer is made in a letter, then include some endorsements from others, mention articles written about you, books, articles, newsletters that you’ve written, etc. It is interesting that most people don’t want to make a decision, and it’s better that you give them an action plan to say “yes”.
- Scarcity – This is one persuader that really motivates humans to action, and you must create and manage this to your advantage in every offer you make.
People want things that solve their problems or make them feel good about themselves that are of good quality. They want it even more – if the quantity is limited in some way. Remember the law of supply and demand? If the demand for a product is high and the supply is low, then the price that’s charged will be accepted readily be it high or low. (Sounds like buying gas for your car, doesn’t it?)
Even if you create the “perception” that there is a limited quantity available, a limited time frame for availability, or whatever you conceive to use, you’ll find this a catalyst to action for your customer.
Of course, it goes without saying that you always include a guarantee in your offers. I always like the “no questions asked” type of guarantee for 30, 60, 90 days, or even a full year if it fits for you. With this, you’re emphasizing your credibility (trust) by saying you’re going to be around for a while. I’ve found that most times there are very few takers to the guarantee policy you offer, and if there is – you don’t want to keep an unhappy customer anyway.
Founder & Lead Strategist at Resilient Life Management L.L.C. He is also a proud father of three boys, Cole, Caden & Chase. Adam has dedicated his life to helping others attain a life well beyond their wildest dreams. Both in Business & Personal Lifestyle.
CHECK OUT SOME MORE POSTS
Advertising and advancement are indispensable for the accomplishment of an online business. Without a solid advertising technique, then, at that point no one will think about your image. Try to give a shot something like one of these approaches to advance your business so you can guide traffic to your site.
nline shopping is the latest trend among customers. Why would you still go to the shop personally when you can do shopping from the comforts of your own home? Because of the rising popularity of online shopping, more and more business persons are setting up their own ecommerce websites to meet the needs of customers and of course, earn big money online.
There is a very bright future for ecommerce websites. As long as there are needs that should be met, there will be customers. For ecommerce website owners, earning money online can be so easy. If people need your products and services, your website will stay alive as long as you want.
Online Competition For Ecommerce Websites
Because of the increasing numbers of online shoppers, there is a need for more ecommerce websites. The problem, however, is that there seem to be several ecommerce websites now. A lot of business persons have answered the call to sell something online. This makes online competition very tough.
Just think about this, if you sell health and beauty products online, there are hundred more several websites like yours. They also offer the same products and services. If there is one customer looking for a health product, he has a hundred choices to choose from. So how can you increase your websiteís chance of getting that customer?
Plan Ahead And Market Your Ecommerce Website
This is one thing that most ecommerce website owners do not completely understand. Most of them think that once they have set up their websites, they donít have to do anything anymore. They will just sit and wait for sales. This may be true ages ago, but with the tough competition now, if you donít do anything, you wonít get any sales.
Ecommerce websites need two things to consider. First is planning and the second is marketing. Before setting up the website, there must be a thorough planning first. In planning, you must consider the target market, budget, design and other factors that will affect the overall performance of the website.
Second is website marketing. After you have set up your website, you need to work on a marketing campaign. Through marketing, you can make your website more popular and visible to your target market. There are several web marketing options which you can use. The choice of the web marketing option depends on the need of your website.
Remember not to stop working on your website after the set up. If you stop working on it, the sales will also stop. Continually market your website for continuous sales.
Need Help To Set Up Your Website & Sales Funnel? Contact Us To Speak To A Specialist.
Adam Rubin, Owner & Lead Strategist at Resilient Life Management L.L.C. Adam’s mission is to provide a cutting edge strategies, techniques with a new age methodologies. Knowing that one size does not fit all, Resilient Life customizes each client to ensure accelerated results.